Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Master Liu

I have studied Martial arts under Master Liu for almost two years. Starting with Tai Chi for over a year before adding Kung-fu. Right now I miss going to class, I miss the training and funny enough, I miss saluting.
When I first started school I though saluting was a bit demeaning. I am a grown man with skills of my own, I should respect his skill (since he could snap me like a dry twig) but saluting?? Really??
Now I miss it. Saluting. The showing of respect.

Not only to him but to his senior trainers George and John. Both are just good people. OK, maybe George isn't people. He works a full time job and then trains us 4 days a week. I have never seen him angry or even a bit grumpy. Either he is on some very strange drugs or he's not fully human.

Due to other life things I am unable to take class, still practicing though. I look forward to attending class soon.

I look forward to showing my respect.

No comments: