Wednesday, May 12, 2010

The Good, the Bad and the Hungry


Yesterday started very sad and ended reminding me that real friends are always there for you.


Crappy morning personally (the two left feet I call a personal life). Might blog about this situation at sometime because it bothers me but not today.


Anyway, gave a really bad tour because my mind was elsewhere.

The streets were bone dry so not much in the way of shows plus I think I was Capt. Grim at that point so I closed down and went to the gym...you are never sad to go to the gym. Run a couple miles and work out for about 2 hours and your mood changes....plus...a trustworthy friend there reminded me about a big shindig going on last night.
Flanagan's pub was doing a fundraiser and had a crawfish boil and pig roast.
The French Quarter is like a very small town so when something like this goes on everyone shows up. Lots of friends, pretty girls and food (and cheap drink for those who drink). Tons of folks showed up, even a couple of Saints players and some other well known folks that live in Quarter.
The Moral of the story is...there is no problem that doesn't get very small after a good workout, a pile of food and friends that care about you.
Life has it's sad moments but over all it is a pretty good dance.

No comments: