Tuesday, September 16, 2008

We always Know Where something Started

Benjamin Franklin once said that “If you would not be forgotten, as soon as you are dead and rotten, either write things worth reading, or do things worth writing about.”I doubt that this blog will prove to be up to the standard Mr. Franklin has set but I, not being employed by a printer when I was a young man, will take advantage of what is available for me.

I want to mention that the catharsis for this has been the death of a couple of good friends, some issues I'll mention later (or not at all) and finding out a friend whos life was totally together (own company, wife...) developed a distructive addiction.

All this news in the last 7 weeks. It has been a strange past couple months. With the added distractions and tensions from Hurricane Gustav and Ike I can’t say I have felt real warm a fuzzy. Just fuzzy.

I have taken a few steps back and started re-valuing (is a hyphen correct ) what I do. Nothing new or different, nothing you haven’t gone through, just something I want to do...I need to do. Putting things on paper (paper?) can help sort out things, doing a blog makes me look at what I write a bit closer than if I were to write it in a hidden notebook. There is still a hidden notebook, written in code so don’t try looking.

All things have a beginning middle and an end. In life it is sometimes hard to tell where the middle and the end are, the beginning is another matter.

We always know where things started.

A thanks goes to “spoke the cat”. Inspiration in the 504.

No comments: