Sunday, August 16, 2009

Angel Emily

Long day yesterday. Lots of folks watching until I mention tips. Big walk offs. No interplay, I think they all just watch TV for a living. Short shows, short money. I was building my pocket but not near what I needed from the day. About 7:00 I gave a great show, big crowd...10 dollars.

I was so piss off I wanted to quit. At 7:30 I do another show. My anger gave me energy, I kicked butt. I got a good hat from that but what made it worth while is a little girl named Emily and her 3 sisters. She came up right after a guy in a suit put change in my hat (cheap ass suit). She opened her billfold and gave me a dollar for each one of them. 4 total out of her own money. I melted. I told her those 4 dollars were more important than any other money in my hat (and that was true).

She told me she missed the start of the show so I cleared off my table and started doing some magic just for them. From that I got another crowd and worked into another show. Big Hat. Almost as soon as I clear my table another crowd comes from nowhere. Another even bigger Hat. Those two shows helped me more than clear my target pay for the day. I made more in those 3 shows then I did the entire day.

By then it was a bit after 8 and time to eat. I told Rich I would spring for pizza for him and his son.

As I was leaving I heard a man say "Look, it's the magic guy". I was Emily's father pointing me out to the girls. They all waved.

Angels are everywhere.

No comments: