Saturday, August 15, 2009

Back at it

Nasty headache today but I still feel good about work. I was exhausted yesterday, drive from Detroit and right to the pitch. I was there from 2 until 8:30 but only got 4 shows in. Half this job is the wait and that wears me out more than the work. I love when I have the chance to bang show after show out. I still make more money in 4 shows than I did working a “normal job”. My shows are slowly getting better and tighter. Pay gets better for less shows.
I am staying at Rich Markovic’s place. He has a spare bedroom. Rich rocks!!!
He is amazing at so many things. His balloon creations are beautiful. I don’t mean balloon dogs or swords like the guys in the Quarter push, I mean 4 or 5 balloons in a creation of something like a mermaid, Spiderman or a monkey in a tree. Penguins too!! Little works of fine craftsmanship. He is also a great memory guy. He broke the Guinness worlds record in memory but they canceled the category. They keep the category for the longest watched TV but remove memory. No comment.
Most important is he is a great Dad to his son.
I am luck to get to meet folks like him.
It is 11:00 am and the sun is already pounding hard. I got here at 9:30 to get my spot and doubt I will get a show off till noon or so. I can use the shade till about 2 and then I have to do quick shows, no one wants to stand in this sun.
I hate the waiting.
I still get the “Oh no” feeling right before I get my first hat. I always worry this will be the day I don’t make anything. I wonder if that feeling ever goes away?
I still love my work.

1 comment:

D' pAu said...

that feeling is fear...
In my English class(2 years ago) the teacher made us write a journal entry giving our ideas of what we thought of a quote... but there is one I always remember... " fear is the dark room of negatives" so i recommend... don't fear, because you will attract it... (sorry if my English is not that good ... :D)